A chronically annoying hot water tap in the downstairs bathroom finally gave up any pretense of actually shutting off the water.  Unfortunately the under-sink shut off valve was also corroded to the point where it wouldn’t shut off the water either.  So we had a steady stream of hot water coming out of the sink.

Emma found a new faucet/tap set and picked up some new shut off valves.  I turned off the water main, cut off the old shut off valves, installed the new ones, and replaced the sink hardware.  It went pretty well overall, although I did get one skinned knuckle, and ended up soaked head to toe once (note to self: don’t accidentally loosen a compression fitting on a shut off valve, when you’re trying to tighten it, when the whole system is pressurized).

Some photos of the results: