RichFaces, a collection of open source JSF Components for building “rich” AJAXy interfaces, unfortunately makes Safari crash or hang or lock up with many of it’s components.
I’m not the one who figured this out, but I wanted to document it here.
You can solve this the same way you solve the JSF/Google Ad issue:
Add this […]
I upgraded the JBoss instance on my server just over a week ago from 4.0.5 to 4.2.0. Two things happened after that: Firstly, my google adsense revenue dropped by half, secondly I was contacted by two different people who were having some e-mails show a big error in Firefox, instead of showing up […]
So, if you’re using Seam, you usually have xhtml files which represent the pages, and then the Seam servlet takes care of rendering them. When I setup my latest project, I changed the web.xml to switch from using page.seam to page.html, to mask the back-end technology. When I did this, I also deleted the seemly unnecessary index.html that was sitting in my view directory. I then added this into my web.xml, just to be on the safe side:
<welcome-file-list> <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file> </welcome-file-list>